ANC calls for removal of Hlaudi Motsoeneng
The ANC National Executive Committee has joined the calls for the removal of SABC Group Executive of Corporate Affairs Hlaudi Motsoeneng.
This comes as the African National Congress held an NEC meeting this past weekend in Pretoria‚ where they deliberated “extensively” on the ongoing protests in South African universities as well as other matters of national importance.
“The NEC extensively discussed the challenges at a number of state-owned entities are facing. On South African Broadcasting Cooperation‚ the NEC called on the board pf the corporation to review the decision to appoint Mr Hlaudi Motsoeneng as group executive of corparate affiars‚” said ANC sceratary general Gwede Mantashe.
“The NEC agreed on the need for the parliamentary inquiry into both fitness to hold office‚” said Mantashe.
Earlier on Monday‚ the Democratic Alliance marched to the SABC to hand over a memorandum of demands calling for the removal of Motsoeneng and the disbandment of the broadcasters entuire board.
The DA gave the SABC just two days to comply with their demands before the SABC board and other executive members appear in Parliament this Wednesday.
Motsoeneng’s appointment as group executive of corporate affairs‚ after his previous appointment as COO was ruled invalid‚ has been highly controversial.
In September this year‚ the Supreme Court of Appeals dismissed Motsoeneng’s leave to appeal the High Court’s decision that his permanent position at the state broadcaster be set aside.
The SCA said that Motsoeneng’s appeal had “no reasonable prospect of success“‚ and the DA appealed to him to not approach the Constitutional Court.
— TMG Digital